Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using generic interfaces to program Lattice FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

whack

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was wondering if it's possible to program a Lattice MachXO2 FPGA with something generic that I already have laying around. I intend to use FPGA's internal flash for configuration bitstream.

MachXO2 can be programmed using JTAG, master/slave SPI, I2C, Wishbone.

I have the following programming devices on hand:
iMPACT USB cable for Xilinx - JTAG+SPI
BusPirate v3 - variety of serial protocols including SPI, I2C and JTAG
Raspberry Pi B+ - a large variety here, I think the same SPI, I2C and JTAG available

Nexys2 FPGA board can also be equipped for programming using many protocols.

Does anyone know or have experience programming Lattice FPGAs with something like this?

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like BusPirate can work as an FTDI cable (has FTDI chip on it)... Anyone programmed Lattice FPGAs this way?

- - - Updated - - -

Ran Diamond Programmer from Lattice. Output shows this:
INFO - Board with FTDI USB Host Chip detected.

INFO - Detected HW-USBN-2B (FTDI) cable at port FTUSB-0.
This is starting to look promising.

Lattice is providing embedded JTAG ispVME sources that can be adapted to user hardware. I have used for programming of Lattice CPLD by an embedded processor.

Lattice is providing embedded JTAG ispVME sources that can be adapted to user hardware. I have used for programming of Lattice CPLD by an embedded processor.
That's awful nice of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back