Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

True Plug & Play Wireless Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD494

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all,

I'm working on a product that currently communicates over a wired Ethernet connection with the host PC. Eventually we want everything to be wireless so we designed in a standard IoT WiFi module but getting the firmware support up and running has turned out to be a much larger task than expected. If we just want to get the thing working for demo purposes is there any kind of adapter that we could simply plug into the RJ45 connector (and some power source) to handle converting the Ethernet packets directly into a wireless communication. I see they make products this but I imagine this needs Windows drivers to interface with it right? Or could this really receive raw Ethernet packets from our PHY and communicate them directly to a host PC?

Thanks in advance!

-Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.