Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB saturn conductor impedance

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayhh27

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have been using pcb saturn for calculating my trace impedance. This time I want to calculate impedance 50 ohm for the RF signal.
My question is, in the frequency tab, the frequency that i should put is 1575.42 MHz (GPS freq) or is it something else?

Thank you.

Best regards,

RH

Yes. More importantly change the Er to match what your dielectric will be at 1575.42MHz. The frequency got added recently I will have to read the notes and see what its fuction is in the calculations, because it has a minor effect on the results. But materials Er does change with frequency so double check as this will have a bigger effect.

Yes. More importantly change the Er to match what your dielectric will be at 1575.42MHz. The frequency got added recently I will have to read the notes and see what its fuction is in the calculations, because it has a minor effect on the results. But materials Er does change with frequency so double check as this will have a bigger effect.

So basically, if I use FR4 which has dielectric constant of 4.6, this value will change due to the frequency?

Yes check with your PCB manufacturer if its 4.6 at 1MHz its going to be nearer 4.2 at 1GHz... Data sheets may show just 1MHz or a variety of frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back