Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Altium designer IC with two part in board placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_2

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have selected a two part component IC as you can see below
2.PNG
and I have set both of their name the same : U1A , U2B but after I update my pcb I have seen two different ICs!!! How can solve this problem?

Hi,

I'm not familiar with Altium...

But you say U1A and U2B..
this is confusing, because "U1" designates the IC in board
And "A" and "B" designates a sub circuit within an IC.

So if both is in one IC I expect "U1A" and "U1B" (no U2_)

Klaus

Sorry it was a mistake in typing.
I named them U1A and U1B

Hi,
I have selected a two part component IC as you can see below
View attachment 137600
and I have set both of their name the same : U1A , U2B but after I update my pcb I have seen two different ICs!!! How can solve this problem?

Hi Baby_2, Alexsander from Altium here. I'm actually not sure about this one. Usually Altium Designer will pick a single footprint for your multipart component. check to make sure that everything is properly named and run the ECO again to update your PCB. If that doesn't work give support a call and they'll help you out. Its better to call support and get an answer in a few minutes rather than spending an hour or so trying to make it work.

Reactions: baby_2

baby_2

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back