Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Scope for taking PFC measurements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,
We wish to do PFC measurements on our “stair-step” mains input current waveform Direct drive LED drivers.
We wish to get PFC by Active Power/ Apparent power
We need the scope to be able to sample and then record 10ms worth of input waveform of current and voltage simultaneously, and store 1e6 points in memory of this. (to give good resolution)
Do you know what is the cheapest 100MHz scope that can do this? Thats 1e6 points of both current and voltage.
I know the lecroy wavesurfer can do it but that is very expensive

May get less price DSO but if you want useful one, Please try TBS1000B - Digital Oscilloscope

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Why not try Picoscope? I find it very good and with much more memory. There is a new model with floating inputs which makes it ideal for such measurements.

T

Thanks, the Rigol DS2072A costs just $839 and can save 28 Mega points in two channels simultaneously, at a sample rate of 1Gs/sec, and has 70mhz bandwidth.
Thats amazing, it makes me wonder how it can be so cheap.
They rip off agilent/keysight's designs and leverage overseas manufacturing to the max. The quality is still good, but they never pay costs of development.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back