Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Printing the value of P1dB, IIP3, etc instead of plotting the graph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louisda16th

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to just print he 1dB Compression point and the IIP3 instead of plotting the graph in ADE? I'd like to do this to sweep parameters and tabulate a list of linearity numbers.

You don't describe simulator's name and post processing tools name.
However I assume you use Cadence ADE.
Use skill language(=ocean) to extract necessary values.

You have to describe your situations correctly with using correct terminologies.

Sorry for not being specific. Yes, I am using Cadence IC6.1.6. I used PSS analysis as described here: http://wikis.ece.iastate.edu/vlsi/index.php/LNA_Performance_Simulations

My circuit is an inverter used as a transconductor.

Using the Results Browser I am able to get the graph shown on the page. Is there a way to just get the P1dB value? Please do let me know if I need to give you any more information.

Thank you! From your hint about using ocean and some more searching, I was able to figure it out. When i export a 1dB compression plot to the calculator, I notice that the function compressionVRICurves is used to produce the plot. In the ocean reference manual I found that there is another function called compressionVRI which takes the same arguments and gives me just the value of the input power.

In case someone else requires this, the easy way to do this is to first plot the P1dB compression point curve the usual way (refer the to the tutorial mentioned in post #3. Export this curve to the calculator. You'll see the function compressionVRICurves being used. Just change that to compressionVRI. Copy that and use it where you want (in ADE XL's output's perhaps, like I did).

rakeshr6

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for pointing that out! :) I never heard about Spectre MDL before. I'll spend some time learning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back