Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubts on Spammers on Edaboard website

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbyckts

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could someone clear my below doubts which I found in edaboard.

1. Spammers Denied Registration - Why they are denied the registration. If it is done by identifying some criteria what is that criteria and how it is done?

2. Spammers Permanently Banned - Why banned permanently? Please mention the reasons behind it

3. Spammers submitted to StopForumSpam - What is the reason behind the spammers submitted to StopForumSpam? What is actually StopForumSpam? If the spammers doesn't get banned permanently why it is so?

4. Spammers submitted to Akismet - What is actually Akismet? What is the reason behind the spammers submitted to Akismet? If the spammers doesn't get banned permanently why it is so?

5. Spammy Posts Automatically Moderated - What are the Spammy Posts & how they are identified?

For every criteria I have found quite few numbers. So want to get clarified, That's the reason asking the question & nothing much

Seems to me that providing answers to these questions would be a really bad idea. Might help spammers with ideas on how to get SPAM through a bit easier. :oops:

Seems to me that providing answers to these questions would be a really bad idea. Might help spammers with ideas on how to get SPAM through a bit easier. :oops:

I think the answers won't help them as they were getting banned permanently and denied the registration.

Posts can be read without the need for registration.

... besides .... the information would only be of use to spammers. Decent folk don't need to know how the policing is done.

Spam is the scourge of the Internet.
I applaud this website zero tolerance towards spammers.

Moderators generally observe forum rules in regard to spam ads.

Example, if a new member immediately starts to post links to his commercial retail store, it is plain he is here to promote a business rather than to participate in electronics design. Such members are banned permanently.

Advertising is intended for Electronics Design related products only
Advertising is currently only allowed in the Business, Promotions, Advertising section, it is not allowed in Albums, Groups, Biography, Location, Interests or any other place. Please note that you shouldn't post duplicate advertisements every few days. Do not post advertisements related to gadgets, personal computers, nutrition, medicine, fitness, web design etc.

Example, moderators might spot a legitimate electronics-related ad in the technical forums,
so they move the post to the Business-Promotions-Advertising section.

Do not spam or self-promote in the forums
These forums define spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites or posts with little, no or completely unrelated content. Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc. Doing so is a waste of time, your account will be banned permanently and your posts will be deleted. Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users. If you intend to reply to a question with a content existing in your blog then you should include the content in the actual reply and provide an optional link to the article but not just a bare link. Do not search the forum for convenient question which match a content in your blog so that you can post a link and self-promote

Moderators recognize which members contribute helpful posts, and that they are not spammers when they suggest certain sources for parts and services, or certain brands, or certain blogs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.