Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BSD & DFT sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorp_nn

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!

I'm going to implement the project. I'm using syn0psys. I have some questions.

1. What order of DFT and BSD insertion is correct?
- DFT ==> BSD, then the generated BSD logic will be unscannable, which will inevitably reduce the test coverage;
- BSD ==> DFT, then the scan chains will cover all the logic, including BSR + TAP, however BSR cells participation in the ATPG test will dump it. I think it is possible in this case to prohibit the logic of BSR and / or TAP to participate in the creation of scan chains (dont_touch), but it will reduce the test coverage.
I'm Interested in common approaches. $yn0p$y$ offers user guides for each tool separately, but I have not found any information about the sequence of their application.

2. The pads in the design are collected in a separate module (not in the TOP). Can I tell BSD Compiler where they are? Or they necessarily should be in TOP?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.