Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding sequential custom IP in microblaze system in edk

Status
Not open for further replies.

oveechat

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to add a sequential D flip flop as a custom ip in a microblaze project in edk and run it using SDK , but i am not getting the required output , the main problem is to how to connect clock to the clock signal in my ip . can anyone please help

thanks in advance

i want to add a sequential D flip flop as a custom ip in a microblaze project in edk
You cannot do it in software. You have to do it in hardware using the Vivado suite.
Using SDK you develop the s/w that would run on the uBlaze.

A sequential D flip flop is one of the simplest elements but its connectivity complexity depends on the interface the uBlaze is having.

Nevertheless I think you must study this https://www.xilinx.com/support/docu...3_1/ug940-vivado-tutorial-embedded-design.pdf first thoroughly.

Well you could always add a GPIO interface to the microblaze system and connect the GPIO to the DFF and bit-bang the clock, data, and reset, and read the Q output.

If you really need a custom IP then you'll have to create a FF and wrap that with a microblaze interface, not sure what was used in ISE (guessing) but for Vivado you would make it an AXI-Lite interface to the FF. For Vivado there is a tutorial on making custom IP for the block design too, but I'm not familiar with the ISE version as I never made any custom IP for EDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back