Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the role of an Analog/RF designer in IoT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

venn_ng

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IoT is the buzzword in Electrical Engineering like Machine learning in Computer Science. As an analog/RF circuit designer, how can I contribute to IoT?

There are numerous solutions and development kits supporting IoT, all of them using standard communication interfaces and protocols, so that if you are meaning "contribute" as to enhance/improve something on this segment, it should be in the state of the art and should be quite innovative to convince others to migrate to a new platform.

Certainly, the small area coverage networks like Bluetooth, LoPan, etc all have challenges with cost reducing and shrinking sizes of devices, muxes, antennae. The 802.11ac WiFi has substanatial beamforming and multipath demands, and potential needs for innovations in antenna designs - and of course the migration of these latest WiFi and Cellular LTE 5G systems toward providing shared services presents alot of challenges as far as performance, price & interoperability. I am sure that there are many more I am overlooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back