Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Dispatcher Option in Eldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaah

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,

I wonder if anyone has used "MPRUN DISPATCHER" option in eldo 16.4. I have used it in older version (14.1) but when I tried to use the same script in 16.4 it gives an error as

".MPRUN: This command can not be declared inside a .alter section"

As I said, with the same netlist same simulation file (basically everything is the same), it works when I simulate it in 14.1 but not in 16.4.
I thought Mentor might change some syntaxes or something, so I wonder if anyone has faced this issue and I would appreciate it if you could tell me how you did resolve it!

I also wanted to ask a general question, what are the possible options for speeding up the simulation in eldo? I know about multi-threading, multi-processing, and premier. Is there any other option that it can make a simulation faster? I know premier has lots of options and I have tried some of them but I didn't see any improvement!

Thank you.

just in case if someone has the same issue.

To resolve the error, move .INCLUDE statement to the end of the main netlist. In other words, MPRUN statement should come before .INCLUDE.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back