Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

extraction of 10 microsecond DC pulses from an electron gun in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruti11

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pulsed electron beam

hi
i want to generate a pulsed electron beam of 100mA avg current, Beam Energy = 30MeV. How is it possible to make it in CST microwave studio.?

extraction of 10 micro second DC pulse from electron gun in CST

hi
can anyone please help me find out the way to create a 10 microsecond DC pulsed beam from an electron gun in CST. ?

Re: extraction of 10 micro second DC pulse from electron gun in CST

Hi Kruti

I think I can help you get started. I think what you need to do is create a custom excitation signal with the correct settings, and choose the right port to get started. I probably don't know enough about your specific application to give you all the correct parameters, but I can show you how to set those up. First, go to excitation signals in the navigation tree; right click; and create new excitation signal. You probably want to make a rectangle since you are describing a pulse. After the signal is created, right click on it and choose it as the "reference signal". Next you want to create your port where the energy will enter your system. I've found that discrete, waveguide, and multipin waveguide all work well for different geometries so you will need to test that for your circuit. Now, if a discrete port will work for you, you can set it up as a current source and specify the current you need. If you choose a waveguide port you change the amplitude in simulation -> setup solver -> excitation list. In the excitation list you can also check that the signal you want to use is available.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back