Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power spectrum in simulink

Status
Not open for further replies.

derick007

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to understand how the spectrum analyser in SIMULINK (MATLAB) works, by simulating a model which inputs a simple cosine wave into the spectrum analyser and then observing the power spectrum on the analyser. I have set the WINDOW function in the anayser to RECTANGULAR and the sampling frquency to 20 times the frequency of the cosine wave. Therefore if I set the simulation time and therefore WINDOW length (time) to one period of the cosine wave the analyser will get N=20 samples.

I have used EXCEL to manually calculate the power spectrum values for N = 20 and used the same resolution bandwidth as the analyser and plotted them on a graph along with the SIMULINK results - see attachment.

How can the SIMULINK analyser plot such a detailed graph with only N = 20 samples ?

Attachments

• spectrum.jpg
    spectrum.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 49

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back