Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synopsys DC power report meaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

minho_ha

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

I made a small module and got post-synthesis reports including timing, area, power etc.

In power report, is it show that average power dissipation including switching activity??

Power report from DC should have Total Dynamic Power ( switching power ) and Cell Leakage Power ( Static ) separately.

Power report from DC should have Total Dynamic Power ( switching power ) and Cell Leakage Power ( Static ) separately.

Is "switching power" considering switching activity??

Yes, DC uses its internal approach to estimate the switching activities in case you did not provide it.
For accurate report, the back-annotation load and switching activities should be provided.

Yes, DC uses its internal approach to estimate the switching activities in case you did not provide it.
For accurate report, the back-annotation load and switching activities should be provided.

You help me a lot!!

Thanks!

You also can check the command "set_switching_activity" to know how to configure switching parameter.

You also can check the command "set_switching_activity" to know how to configure switching parameter.

I have a one more question.

In power report using DC, this report shows average(or some middle range value) power consumption?? not worst case??

In power report using DC, this report shows average(or some middle range value) power consumption?? not worst case??

Worst case, real worst case analysis, would require dynamic power analysis with simulation data to drive the inputs accordingly.

The corner should be worst case.
The "average" means the way/method that power consumption is calculated on that corner.
They are different terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back