Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pspice transfer curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgenwaeze

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have written A SIMPLE NETLIST code for Pspice simulation of a circuit but I do not get the graph that I want.

I am trying to generate a transfer curve (ID VS VGS) for a MOSFET with a set of commands on a spice deck but all I get is a straight line.

Please how can I get a transfer curve showing the device starting with a threshold voltage of -1.7V and saturation at 5V on Pspice.

Here is my wriiten pspice NETLIST deck: PLEASE HAVE A LOOK and pls tell me what I can do so a transfer curve is generated in the output instead of a straight line because clearly there should be a threshold voltage and saturation point a stated in the netlist.

/* ID VERSUS VGS CHARACTERISTICS OF A MOSFET

Code:
VDS 3 0 DC 5V
R1  3 2 1K
VGS 1 0 DC 5V
M1  2 1 0  0  PM W=2000U L=20U
.MODEL PM PMOS LEVEL 1 VTO= -1.7 KP= 7.30E-9
.OP
.DC VGS 0V 5V 0.1V
** OUTPUT COMMANDS
.PRINT DC I(R1)
.PRINT DC ID(M1)
.PRINT DC V(1,3)
.PRINT DC V(1) I(VDS)
.PRINT DC I(VGS)
.PROBE V(1) ID(M1)
.PROBE V(1) I(R1)
.PROBE V(1) I(VGS)
.PROBE V(1) I(VDS)

.END

Last edited by a moderator:

You are likely looking for the Spice .STEP directive. This way you can add several parameters to be simulated and plotted within a single graph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back