Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of AF LPF is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a unity-gain Sallen-Key lowpass topology.

Reactions: neazoi

neazoi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

if you need exact cutoff frequency and/or special filter characteristc (Bessel, butterworth...) then if you combine second order to higher order .. each stage has it´s own parameters.
--> two equal lowpass filters, each with Fc of 1kHz will result in a filter with fc smaller than 1kHz.

Klaus

Reactions: neazoi

neazoi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

if you need exact cutoff frequency and/or special filter characteristc (Bessel, butterworth...) then if you combine second order to higher order .. each stage has it´s own parameters.
--> two equal lowpass filters, each with Fc of 1kHz will result in a filter with fc smaller than 1kHz.

Klaus

I have done that with the second part of the circuit (CW) shown in the picture. I have cascaded 3 of them and I achieved a sharp CW BPF. But this was because this was a bpf and all sections center frequencies were the same and the roll-off just went steeper when cascaded 3 of them.

But in the case of the SSB LPF, how do you propose to do it in a discrete active way?

Status
Not open for further replies.