Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Micro chip pickit analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicsman

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using pickit serial analyzer for serial communication. The part number is DV164122. They have provided visual basic project and a dll for customizing the gui. The problem i am facing is it is not detecting the pickit hardware using the dll. My doubt is they are very old dll's i am not sure if they work with the latest operating systems. How to proceed?

The Demo Board's User Guide for that device makes reference to the Microchip Code COnfigerator (MCC) which is a relative new development form Microchip (within the last year or two) and so my guess would be that it is designed to work with relatively modern OSs. (However I do see that the DLL download is dated at 2007!)
If the operating system is objecting to the DLL then you will get very different error messages to those if the USB cannot make a connection. What error messages are you actually getting?
Susan

Sorry for late reply. Please find the error message. The setup provided by the micro chip of pickit2 serial analyzer works but visual studio uart project is not detecting the hardware.

Attachments

• doubt.png
    doubt.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 54

If the problem is within the Visual Studio part of the world then I can't help you as I've never used that.
I suggest that you log a support ticket with Microchip.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.