Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16 digit lcd swap query

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzielkr

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a Samsung Laser Printer whose display is 16x2 LCD monochrome, its non backlit so I want to change it with a backlit one, I have attached the image of the PCB, it has 15 pin ribbon cable attached but what I know in backlit LCD, 16th pin is for backlit, may be provides power to it, im a novice so have no idea, if I buy a generic 16x2 backlit LCD, will I be able to replace it with this one, where will I give the 16th pin input from? Am I thinking logical or total crap idea? Please guide.
lcd1.JPGlcd2.JPG

Samsung make LCD modules so it could be a custom one, however it is unusual for there not to be provision for a backlight even if it isn't fitted.

We need to see the LCD panel with the clear plastic cover removed to be sure but you probably have two options: 1. to replace it with an LCD with a built in backlight and 2. to add a backlight to the existing one. If you can remove the cover so we can see the bare LCD board it will help us advise.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back