Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium add margin in polygon for Route tool track

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmen_xwk

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a polygon on each layer of entire pcb and if I have a hole in the middle of polygon, Altium automatically creates a space/margin from hole to polygon. Very nice, but I want to do the same with Routing tool track on a Mechanical layer, I can use Polygon cutout, but thats needs way extra work to walk around the tool path with a margin. Also, Tools > Convert > Create Cutout from selected primitives just creates the outline of path, but there is no margin. And problem with Cutouts is that, they need to be on each layer. Only way I can think of is a trick, that first I make a thick track, then create its cutout, then reduce the track thickness. But thats just too much manual work for each route or need to do again if there is an update to the track.

Untitled.png

Is there any way I can do what a hole does ?

PS : Dont want to use slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back