Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help identify this oscilloscope probe tip - threaded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericoberg1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have a Pocket Technologies LogicScope 136. It is a small 2 channel LED logic analyzer. The probes for it have a tip that threads in.

As shown in the picture, the tip has a threaded base that goes in the probe. The probe is not easily replaceable, the connection from the probe head to the cable is threaded.

There are no identifying marks or company name on the probes. Does anybody have an idea if a replacement is available, or hints to a brand name?

Thank you,
Eric O

IMG_20170316_191550_310.jpgIMG_20170316_191416_942.jpg

Several manufacturers are using similar passive probes with threaded probe tips, some of them are compatible. If I remember right, I ordered some at a catalog distributor many years ago.

Tips get damaged over time, this was to enable them to be changed.
You buy a selection of replacements and keep them safe in a draw that you forget where they are. :)

Hi FcM and Mattylad,

Not much help. I have lots of probes from Tektronix, HP Tenma, B&K, Non-Linear Systems... and they are all friction fit. None of them have the threads, probably something in the 0-72 size.

Thanks,
Eric O

Hi,
Greenpair and early LeCroy probes are same-or very similar...
K.

Hi Karesz, never heard of Greenpair, but will dig around on ebay for old LeCroy probes.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back