Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Ultrasonic Transducer Overheat issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sys_eng

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have 2 vendors supplying 2000 watt ultrasonic transducer.
One vendor says the transducer can be operated continuously.
Another vendor says the heat generated required the transducers be rested half hr for every 2 hr of operation because excessive heat generated for such high power device

I ask the 2nd vendor is it operating at resonant frequency and matched impedance between generator and transducer and the overheat still present? He said yes.

How comes so different answers from 2 different vendor for same type of product?
Can I trust the first vendor saying the high power transduicer can be operated continously. Sounds too good to be true? waht do you think?

It might be a semantics/language issue? Most ultrasonic transducer application that I know of do not operated 100% of the time, but with some duty cycle - e.g. transmit and receive one or two times every few seconds, but are not continnuously pinging/receiving with "0" off times. Might it be possible that one of them is notfully understanding your questions? What are your application requirements? 50% duty cycle? 90%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back