Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT protocol for Gro Weatherlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

zainka

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I have a task ongoing to get life in an old Davis Groweather station. This comes with an serial interface called weatherlink which seems to accept AT commands. I have been able to empower the device and at power-on it sends an AT string which looks like this.:

ATS0=4 E0 Q1 &W0
i.e. it tells me that is answers after 4 ring, no echo, resultcode replaced by CR, and some unknown to me sync/async mode setting. if it shares the interpreting of the at-commandset as I am familiar with

But, I am not able to communicate with the device after this other than it responds with 0x18 (CANCLE) everytime i send 0x0D (CR)
No other responds where made. Not very fun.

so "AT" and enter should have responded with "OK", for example, but i get only ascii code for CANCLE after hitting enter. Neither do I get any respond from "AT*" or "AT?" other than 0x18/CANCLE

Plan was to build a php script to communicate with the weatherlink but I do not have any documentation telling which AT commands it actually expects and responds to. And as long it is not responding to anything I have no clue about the command set. I guess it is a small subset and propritary commands to read and set the weather stations functions but the original documentation that comes with the station does not have any such information in it.

If anyone have any information regarding this device I would be happy if you would like to share with me.

EDIT:
Just for the records, I did find some info for troubleshooting, but this was for situation where you have a linemodem connected to the link. I tried the AT strings found as tip in this guide, but I only had the same CANCLE rewerted to me. However, this was for a diferent product from the same brand, Davis, so I have no guarantees that this should affect my weatherlink
Code:
6.  Power up the modem first and the weather station last. The third beep  issued from the weather station will initialize the modem with four  commands (ATS0=4 E0 Q1 &W0).
7. In the serial port setup screen,  change the Com Port setting to that of the PC modem, put an X in the  modem box, and enter in the phone number of the modem at the weather  station.
8. Also in the serial port setup screen, in the box labeled  “After Connect Wait,” change the default 2 seconds to 8 to 10 seconds.
[B]9. In your PC modem string, try adding an “ &F “ after the AT and/or try removing the “ &M “.
10. You also can try using the following modem strings:
AT &F E Q V X4 S7=60 &N3
AT &F E Q V X4 S7=60 N0 S37=6[/B]

Last edited:

Don't know details about your devices, but did you try sending LF (ascii 10)? It's an alternative to CR in some cases.

Also does your keyboard have separate Return and Enter keys? 'Return' may send CR, the other may send LF.
Or some other code. Example, I have a program on my PowerMac that displays the ascii code of the key I'm pressing. It reads the 'enter' key as 3 (End of Text).

Don't know details about your devices, but did you try sending LF (ascii 10)? It's an alternative to CR in some cases.

Also does your keyboard have separate Return and Enter keys? 'Return' may send CR, the other may send LF.
Or some other code. Example, I have a program on my PowerMac that displays the ascii code of the key I'm pressing. It reads the 'enter' key as 3 (End of Text).

Yes I have tried using LF aswell. But this returns nothing. e.g. Sending AT followed by 0x10 (LF) does not give any result at all. Only after CR i will receive CANCLE. Seems that there might be some security builtin where it requires some defined string to be received before accepting any other command. Dont know, youst a tought. I also tried sending RING(CR) four times as it answers after 4 rings according to the string sent at startup, but to no help

Thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back