Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use "block mem gen" in vivado IP as an axi mode and stand alone mode ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beginner_0029

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to use "block mem gen" in vivado IP as an axi mode and stand alone mode ?

hello friends,
I'm using a dual port block memory generator, how to use "block mem gen" in vivado IP as an axi_mode through port A and as a stand_alone mode in port B, can we configure block mem gen as a bram controller and pull the port B signals and connect to the other IP's directly ? i have attached the screen shot, as per it i have connected kindly help,

Capture.JPG

Re: how to use "block mem gen" in vivado IP as an axi mode and stand alone mode ?

I can't make head or tail out of your written paragraph. Please use punctuation. Please structure your question properly.

You want to have PortA to have axi interface and portB to have native interface?
That would be a weird thing!

can we configure block mem gen as a bram controller
A memory block is just a memory block to write in and read out data. A controller block is the logic required to write in and read out data from that memory

Re: how to use "block mem gen" in vivado IP as an axi mode and stand alone mode ?

I mean clearly, whether i can choose the mode as bram controller and connect the port A to the bram ctrl and port B directly to other IP's.

i want to write data to the bram memory from an axi interface through port A, and read in native mode through port B, cant i do that ???

I'm not exactly sure why you are having a problem...

You use an AXI BRAM Controller on BRAM_PORTA, as you show in your first post, and make the BRAM_PORTB an external if you want it to connect to something outside the BD. Otherwise you if your other code is going to be a new BD IP then you don't need to make it external just connect it to the custom IP.

e.g.
Capture.PNG

As you can see in the picture the Block Memory Generator IP has the native BRAM interface signals, which can be used in the BD or outside the BD like I've shown. Or you can do it like you did with separate signals, either way will work.

I'm not exactly sure why you are having a problem...

You use an AXI BRAM Controller on BRAM_PORTA, as you show in your first post, and make the BRAM_PORTB an external if you want it to connect to something outside the BD. Otherwise you if your other code is going to be a new BD IP then you don't need to make it external just connect it to the custom IP.

e.g.
View attachment 136984

As you can see in the picture the Block Memory Generator IP has the native BRAM interface signals, which can be used in the BD or outside the BD like I've shown. Or you can do it like you did with separate signals, either way will work.

ya ya keeping it in bram controller mode and pulling the portb out , i can use it in native mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back