Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nonlinear model of amplifier simulation using SDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freestylesoap

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
[Moved]: How to simulate DC Nonlinear model?

Hi,

I have an equation that describes the linearity of my amplifier. and I want to make a plot based on the equation. How could I do that in ADS?

this the equation I have vo=a1+a2vi+a3vi^2, and I want to plot vo vs vi...

Please help,

thanks

Re: How to simulate DC Nonlinear model?

Can you create a lissajous figure? It's the natural choice.
Excellent for observing whether your amplifier introduces distortion.

I have an equation that describes the linearity of my amplifier.
and I want to make a plot based on the equation.
How could I do that in ADS?
this the equation I have vo=a1+a2vi+a3vi^2, and I want to plot vo vs vi...
It is very easy.
Use SDD(Symbolically Define Device) or Verilog-A.

https://edadocs.software.keysight.c...om+Modeling+with+Symbolically-Defined+Devices
https://edadocs.software.keysight.com/display/ads2009/Migrating+from+the+SDD+and+UCM

Hopefully it's not too late to get back to you. Thank you for your help. The SDD example is really helpful.
I tried out the example, but it doesn't work as what I expect. Compression point, OIP2, and OIP3 do not match to my original amplifier.

I have the equations set up as follows.. K1, K2, and K3 are calculated base on gain, OIP2, and OIP3. Do I input anything wrong here?

1.PNG

Hi all,

I would like to come up with a DC nonlinear model of an amplifier. I calculated k1, k2, and k3 based on gain, OIP2, and OIP3 of the amp. And now, I need to simulate the output voltage equation vo=k1vi+k2vi^2+k3vi^3. I use SDD2P block to simulate(as shown in the pictures below), but I could not get similar OIP2 and OIP3 values by doing HB simulations. Does anyone know what I've done wrong in the simulation setup?

Thank you so much!

sdd.PNGsim.PNG

Last edited:

No.
I request equations for k1, k2 and k3.

vi=Acos(w1t)+Bcos(w1t); vo=k1vi+k2vi^2+k3vi^3
Gain=20log(K1) -> get K1
OIP2=2Po-IM2, IM2=10log((A^2*K2)/(2*z0))[dBm] -> know OIP2 and Po, so get K2
2OIP3=3Po-IM3, IM3=10log((A^3*K3*3/4)/(2*z0))[dBm] ->know OIP3 and Po, so get K3
Hope it makes sense.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.