Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]Inverter problems please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexm

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
I have a 3000w inverter in my camper but when I'm at home I plug the camper into the mains to run a battery charger and keep fridge and frezzer on. when I got home the other day I forgot to isolate the inverter and when I plugged the camper in and blow the inverter. Having been a electrician I figured I'd have a go at fixing it. I thought I'd tracked the problem do to a irfp460 mosfet when I changed it out the inverter was working fine (no buzzer going off) but when I put it under load it went bang. So taking apart again I found that it had blown 3 resistors so I replaced them but now I'm only getting 130v when testing the socket any help,idea would be great

Forgot to add if it's any relevance I'm getting 330v dc from the dc side of the board.

I once did a similar thing with my power inverter, allowing a short circuit (I forget whether grid power was present in the house wiring). It stopped working. I opened it up found an MOV had burnt. I replaced the MOV and it worked fine after that. Evidently nothing else was wrong.

Hi all
I have a 3000w inverter in my camper but when I'm at home I plug the camper into the mains to run a battery charger and keep fridge and frezzer on. when I got home the other day I forgot to isolate the inverter and when I plugged the camper in and blow the inverter. Having been a electrician I figured I'd have a go at fixing it. I thought I'd tracked the problem do to a irfp460 mosfet when I changed it out the inverter was working fine (no buzzer going off) but when I put it under load it went bang. So taking apart again I found that it had blown 3 resistors so I replaced them but now I'm only getting 130v when testing the socket any help,idea would be great

Forgot to add if it's any relevance I'm getting 330v dc from the dc side of the board.the make is dopower and the model number is GYMS3KW.
You can see the resistors I've changed in the pictures I ordered them online and when they came they were a lot bigger than I was expecting and help would be great .

Hi thank you for your reply how would I go about test a mov and also how do I tell it's values if it need replacing sorry my electronic is very basic

MOV = metal oxide varistor. Conducts when voltage rises above a certain threshold. Used to protect neighboring components from excessive voltage.

My mov's looked like large blue ceramic capacitors.
I do not recognize any mov's (nor fuses) in your photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back