Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] SPI EEPROM and GPS Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayhh27

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a question, I am intending to configure my GPS the LEA-M8T from my PC. However, after the first configuration, I want the device to be completely standalone.
The controller for the board which I will design will be the MAX10. I am intending to store the configuration in EEPROM.

I am considering 2 possibilities:
1. Is it possible that I connect the MAX10 to EEPROM using SPI or I2C and then the configuration will be transmitted through MAX10 to my GPS again?
2. Or is it easier to have a SPI based EEPROM and use multiple slave in which the LEA-M8T and the EEPROM work as the slave and my MAX10 works as the master?

Thank you.

Best regards,

RH

It depends on your requirements.

My personal preference is to not share the SPI (it's only pins/wires at most) and have each controlled separately one SPI for the LEA-M8T and one for the EEPROM (i.e. the MAX10 has two masters and a bridge between the two).

If you add a UART or another SPI you can add that to the bridge/arbiter and be able to in-circuit reprogram the EEPROM and LEA-M8T configuration after it's built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back