Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

module instantiation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecasha

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,I have written code for s27 benchmark circuit and counter,I have given output of counter to s27 circuit.When I run the view RTL schematic its showing following error:
ERROR:Xst:528 - Multi-source in Unit <s27test2> on signal <out<3>>; this signal is connected to multiple drivers.
Drivers are:
Primary input port <G3>
Output signal of FDR instance <str1/d_3>
how to resolve this?

I have used instantiation.Below is the code

Code:
module s27test2(G1,G2,G3,G0,clock,reset,out,G17);
input clock,reset,G1,G2,G3,G0;
output [3:0]out;
output G17;
counter str1 (.clk(clock),.rst(reset),.d(out));
assign G0=out[0];
assign G1=out[1];
assign G2=out[2];
assign G3=out[3];
s27 str2(.CK(clock),.g0(G0),.g1(G1),.g2(G2),.g3(G3),.g17(G17));
endmodule

The problem is in the useless assignments to inputs G0..G3. They can be either input ports or driven by str1 d output. Reconsider!

Yes,I tried that,I want show the inputs G0..G3 in RTL schematic how to do that?
s27block.jpg

I want show the inputs G0..G3 in RTL schematic
Why not, but that's not related to the problem in post #1. Problem is that G0..G3 can't be inputs of module s27test because they are driven by counter str1.

Yes,I tried that,I want show the inputs G0..G3 in RTL schematic how to do that?

May be you should tell us what you need to do, instead of asking about broken code where it is impossible to tell what you wanted to do. (Lack of comments in your code doesn't help).

16 years later and students are still being taught to use antiquated module port definitions when Verilog 2001 allowed the use of C style port definitions (removes the redundant declarations of port names and then their types).

Status
Not open for further replies.