Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HM-10 Bluetooth Equivalent which is FCC certified

Status
Not open for further replies.

asimlink

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Can anyone suggest a Bluetooth 4.0 module like HM-10 which is functionally similar to HM-10 module. I am looking for following must have parameters.

1. Configuration possibility through AT Command (as in HM-10 bluetooth Module)
2. Baudrate support down to 1200bps.
3. Bluetooth SPP profile by default (as in HM-10 Module)
4. Supported on IOS and Android phones

HM-10 is a nice low price module. But FCC certified HM-10 module with FCC ID on it is hard to find. The company Jinan Huamao Technology which manufactures the module is not approachable.

The FCC certificate for HM-10 module can be located here:

https://fccid.io/2AB6YHM-1011V1

If someone know an equivalent certified module, please suggest.

Regards

I have figured out BLE-112 from Silicon labs is FCC Certified BLE module.
FCC ID is printed on its Metal Shield.
Price is about 7.83$/pc.
The module supports : L2CAP, ATT, GATT, GAP and Security Manager

The only thing i am not sure about is if the module supports Serial Port Profile (SPP) or not. If someone has experience with these modules please shed some light?

Thank you

I have figured out BLE-112 from Silicon labs is FCC Certified BLE module.
FCC ID is printed on its Metal Shield.
Price is about 7.83$/pc.
The module supports : L2CAP, ATT, GATT, GAP and Security Manager

The only thing i am not sure about is if the module supports Serial Port Profile (SPP) or not. If someone has experience with these modules please shed some light?

Thank you

Hi,

In case this is still relevant. The HM-10 module is a Bluetooth Low Energy module. It doesn't support "regular" Bluetooth, so the concept of SPP is not relevant.
If you are looking for a simple module for SPP consider HC-05 and HC-06 modules. Both don't typically come with FCC regulation.
Some modules are both BLE and regular BT, in which case they could support SPP and BLE profiles, such as GATT.

Curious to know if you have found a good FCC certified module. Please post your recommendations.

Regards,
Arik.

Check Microchip BLE modules RN4677,RN4020,RN4678 all of them are like HM10. They have custom service "MLDP" or "transparent UART" which act as SPP in BLE. Easy to configure using ASCII commands

Instead of going for bluetooth i eventually selected WiFi module. ESP-WROOM-02 is cheap and is FCC certified WIFI module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back