Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Connecting wires to CBEBC NPN configuration, Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeniyiMokesioluwa

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good day, Everyone

I am using ADS Keysight in the design of my schematic and the layout of a circuit. However, I am encountering a problem. I do not know how to select an appropriate wire for each terminal.
Foe example, I am using a CBEBC npn configuration with 3 terminals, numbered 1,2 and 3 for collector, base and emitter respectively.
My questions are as follows:
1. Must i connect to the terminals listed above or the body of the collector, base and emitter?.
2. Should i use the default line provided by ADS when connecting to either terminal or body?
3. If i must use a different line, how do I go about selecting the appropriate one?.
4. Is the terminal connecting to the substrate not important as i can only find 3 terminals instead of 4 seen in the schematic?.

Thank you.

Hi,
It would help if you show your schematic.

Hi,
It would help if you show your schematic.

Good day,

Please find attached the picture of my circuit.

Thanks. Capture_12.JPG

Connect exactly as shown in your schematic:

NPN transistor base connected to the same subc cell as the MIM capacitor bases.
Even better: use extra subc cells for each of these base connections, if they are too far away from each other.

Connect by ME1 only - do not use poly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back