Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why input voltage of boost converter is increasing exponentially

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanoz

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I design a boost converter which is good at operating with a fixed voltage source. However, once a voltage in series with resistor is used as a source. The input voltage of the converter is increasing. The converter has input capacitor which is ten times greater than the output one. It is supposed to have charging and discharging voltage at the input of the converter accordingly with switching frequency. How can I provide input voltage to the converter with the charging and discharging processes? I don't want to use a comparator to keep input voltage between charge and discharge start voltages. Are there any other ways to consider to sort out that?

Hi,

How can the input voltage increase?

This sounds as you invented a perpetuum mobile.

Could you show some schematic and scope pictures?

Klaus

Looks to me like the capacitor at the input has no means of discharging when your switch is off. Probably only continued to charge until it's voltage equalled that of input.

What's the value of the input voltage?

Can you show your schematic? Will be helpful.

Last edited:

You missed to explain what's you're problem with varying input voltage. It's just expectable according to source impedance.

Everything is behaving normal. You didn't tell how you want to control the boost converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back