Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measurement Sample Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waqas Ahmad Raazi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am looking for some sample measurement data of devices like Volt, Current, Power and Energy meters. I want to obtain statistical information like variance and standard deviation of data.

Can anyone point me to some good data sources? I couldnt find any after googling for about 10 minutes :p

Hi,

I don´t think it makes sense to perform any calculation on unspecified sample values.

Some do voltage readings with 100Msample/s on a clean DC reference voltage.
Some do 15 minute average readings on 3 phase AC power grid voltage.
Completely different data without

I could upload data of 20ms RMS mains AC voltage readings.
You will see a lot of fluctuations. It will change with the outlet I use, it will change with daytime, it will change with weekday, it will change with sun activity...

Imagine I give you two files, but both have very different fluctuations, what do you gain with any statistical calculatins, when you don´t know where the fluctuations come from?

It just produces meaningless values.

How do you decide whether the fluctuation is just a measurement error, or the fluctuation is real signal fluctuation?

To me it sounds like counting stones on a beach...

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.