Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

modification for power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Looking at the attached instruction manual for 620/720 kits, Q to L are the 5V pcb connections, and the +1.25 to +15V and -1.25 to -15V are EF and J-K respectively. The manual explains the steps clearly, if not in a detailed manner.

I beg your pardon, page 10: C is the 5V, I is the +1.25 to +15V, G is the +1.25 to +15V, and D is COM (0V).

Attachments

• Power Supply Kit.pdf
    300.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
ah i might have missed that, great thank you so much!. Oh and by the way, to connect the LED to the 5v output - all you gotta do is split the wire feeding one to the component its asking you to connect and one to the LED right?. Thank you again

The Ebay site shows the LED runs on 12V, it will not light up on 5V!

Brian.

oh yep thats what i meant haha. Also to connect the LED to the 12v output all you gotta do is split the wires feeding one to the LED and one to the other component am i right?. Just asking before i finalise my project. Thanks

I'm not sure exactly what you are 'splitting'. I showed you a method of adding a new 12V regulator specifically for the LEDs, otherwise you are forced to scarifice the + adjustable output by leaving it set to 12V.

There is no 'splitting', when a connection in an electronic circuit goes to more than one place, it generally isn't necessary to physically divide the path, you just link the start and end points together with wire. There are many exceptions to this which the purists will be cringing at but in a simple power supply with short wiring it will make virtually no difference which route the current follows.

For example, if point 'A' is the source and it has to feed 'B' and 'C', you can do it any of these ways:
A ---> B and A ---> C (this is best but needs more wire!)
A ---> B ---> C
A ---> C ---> B

The only consideration is to use thicker wires where more current will flow. Thinner wire has higher resistance and therefore drops more voltage per Amp passing through it.

Brian.

Ah yeah that's what i meant. Thanks was just making sure if i was on the right track. Thank i'm going to continue working on this project for the time being.

I've started this project in the last month or so and i'm very lost on the voltmeter connections. I do not know what each wire feeds into, the info is too vague. Here is the schematic of the voltmeter. voltmeter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back