Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling 3000W heater using Triac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravkothari23

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all...
i am making a small project where i need to just ON and OFF 3000W heater using a triac and 89S52.
attaching a circuit diagram. Kindly request you to please check the circuit and components and let me know if any changes have to be made.
as i need to play with high current, so before putting it into use i need to reconfirm and check if the circuit is perfect.

Attachments

• TRIAC.png
    TRIAC.png
    55 KB · Views: 255

Current throu led should be limited. Add resistor between optocouple and transistor.

Hi,

There are ready to buy isolating solid state relays.
Use one with zero cross acting.

Klaus

Current throu led should be limited. Add resistor between optocouple and transistor.

Thanks...
One more thing i would like to ask... That when the triac is kept off.. i mean when the heater is off... Will some amount of current will flow through the triac, or it will be completely off...

Yes, there will be some small current. If you care about human body protection, mechanical relay will be better option.

Since you are not using a snubber, the leakage current will be very small....but the circuit could still give you some tingles.

A mechanical relay, as advised previously, will completely cut off the power.

If not a ready-made solid state relays, you'll use zero switching MOC3041 instead of MOC3021 with your triac.

Use MOC3063 zer crossing optotriac. No need for a transisitor at the input side of the opti-triac. Can be directly driven with micrcontroller with a current limiting resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back