Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CADSTAR Part List and Attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

YJ0306

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

May I know is it possible to generate part list if for instance I have resistors with different values and tolerances? Can it be done using a customized report generator?

Yes, either use the parts list output or the report generator to provide a custom report with whatever fields you are looking for.
Hit F1 and find out more about the report generator.

Yes, either use the parts list output or the report generator to provide a custom report with whatever fields you are looking for.
Hit F1 and find out more about the report generator.

Any example code for the customized report generator?

--------------------------------------

Because I realized by default the resistors with different resistor values and tolerances in the libraries are having separate entries. Is it possible for me to create a general resistor part and by editing the attributes "Value" or "Tolerance", I output these different resistors values separately something like:

Part Name/Number Description Qty. Value Comps.
---------------- ----------- ---- ------ ---------

Resistor resistor 1 100R R1
Resistor resistor 1 1K R2

Last edited by a moderator:

Rename BOM.rgf and place in your Cadstar report folder, open up in Cadstar and play. Would still like a better definition of your requirements.

Attachments

• BOM.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 56

Is it possible to output part list which includes the attributes (e.g. Value) as you can see from the image attachment?
Capture.JPG

Yes...
Load as previous...
The line is Component.Value.Text within the for/next loop you pick Attribute Text to insert from the report elements list.

Attachments

• part_example2.txt
    711 bytes · Views: 63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back