Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CAN protocol acceptance Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

vnw

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

Can you please explain me what CAN hardware filters and software filters terminology?

Hello

Can you please explain me what CAN hardware filters and software filters terminology?
Hi VNW,

This post is old but I did not see a reply. I believe you are referring to acceptance code and acceptance mask. Here is an excerpt from one of our manuals. I hope this helps.

https://www.icpdas-usa.com/documentation/manuals/i-7530.pdf
On page 18.

The acceptance code and acceptance mask are used for filtering unnecessary CAN messages through RS-232 port. If users want to prevent the unnecessary CAN message through RS-conversions, they need to set the parameters of acceptance code and mask.
Acceptance Code: The CAN ID bits that you want to get.
Acceptance Mask: The CAN ID bits that you want to filter.
In the acceptance code, the bit value ‘1’ means that you want to get this CAN ID bit. And in the acceptance mask, the bit value ‘1‘ means that you want to filter this CAN ID bit. For Examples:
(1) If users want to get all the messages on the CAN bus, the setting must be as follow:
In CAN 2.0A: Acceptance Code: Don’t care
Acceptance Mask: 000
(2) If users want to get the message of CAN ID “123” (Hex) and filter all the other CAN message, the setting must be as follow:
In CAN 2.0A: Acceptance Code: 123 (001 0010 0011 bit)
Acceptance Mask: 7FF (111 1111 1111 bit)
(3) If users want to get the message of CAN ID from “100” to “12F” (Hex) and filter all the other CAN message, the setting must be as follow:
In CAN 2.0A: Acceptance Code: 10X (001 00XX XXXX bit) X: don’t care
Acceptance Mask: 7C0 (111 1100 0000 bit)
(4) The settings of CAN 2.0A and CAN 2.0B are the same. The different between CAN 2.0A and CAN 2.0B is the CAN ID bits.
In CAN 2.0A: number of CAN ID bits is 11.
In CAN 2.0B: number of CAN ID bits is 29.

Status
Not open for further replies.