Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] NO CARRIER on ADT command

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldo85

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Goodmorning, I'm using Telit HE910-D modem and I'd like to make a voice call, but when I run command:

ATD+39*********;

It returns error "NO CARRIER".
Anybody have an idea?
Thanks

To my knowledge, Telit HE910-D is a Wireless MODULE, it is not a complete cell modem. You have to design it in with the appropriate antenna attached and SIM card for network carrier access and have the unit in an area where it can be granted access to a cell. If you have not addressed these things, it will not be able to make any transmissions.
Problems with antenna choice, SIM card, and cell tower proximity can all cause a " NO CARRIER" error message.

To my knowledge, Telit HE910-D is a Wireless MODULE, it is not a complete cell modem. You have to design it in with the appropriate antenna attached and SIM card for network carrier access and have the unit in an area where it can be granted access to a cell. If you have not addressed these things, it will not be able to make any transmissions.
Problems with antenna choice, SIM card, and cell tower proximity can all cause a " NO CARRIER" error message.

Thank you for your answer, you're right Telit HE910-D doesn't support voice calls, only HE910-G HE910-Gl HE910-EUR support them.

Status
Not open for further replies.