Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller communication over internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristiano

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Mcomminication over internet

hi,

i will connects two micricotroller's over internet (i will use tcp/ip protocolls), now my question to this reason:
cann i use a ethernet - ic as comminication pheripheri of microcontrooler's for this kind of commincation?

thanks,

Re: Mcomminication over internet

There are solutions available to sell, as boards with dedicated ICs, performing all the physical layer on the communication, but you should deal with additional tasks on the 'software' layer. I would recommend you either search for microcontrollers with built in PHY and/or MAC peripherals having demo programs at their starter kits to you use as initial template, or another option is to use external chip converters.

The answer is yes, although "ethernet ic" is a bit general and unspecific. It does also presume that your local ethernet is routed to the internet and either incoming connection requests are forwarded to the specific host or you are using some kind of VPN that provides the connectivity.

Before choosing an "ethernet ic" or so you should think about required ethernet software stacks, possibly OS with built-in ethernet support and which processors are suitable to run it.

For ethernet connection of small processors, adapters with hardware TCP stack like Wiznet should be considered.

hi andre_teprom,

thanks for yor answer tomy question.

i have two questions:
1- wich embedded microcontroller has this pheripherials hardware as a compact microcontroller for conecction over internet?

2- which external chip converter sorts the incommings protocolls so good, -> microcontrolles needs only reads the data register of external chip converter

i will see the two possibility, after that compaire this for the nechst logic step.

regards,

[moved]IC as Microkontrollers-Subunit for communication.

hello,

wich IC is as a Microcontroller-Phripher for Communication of two Microcontroller's over Internet (TCP/IP protocolls) suitable - gud (low cost),

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.