Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

audio record/playback circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhaledOsmani

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I intend to make a circuit that records audio from a microphone, and upon switch pressing, the audio is replayed.

I've seen different microcontrollers projects, that uses DAC/PWM and make the job done, but uses too much space/components, and require a sharp code, reasons that I chose a direct audio IC circuit method.

I've searched upon ISD1020A, as well as ISD15100, and found the following complete diagram:

I want to hear comments about fidelity of such circuit, or if there are other more flexible circuits.

My main question is, can I record different audio signals using that circuit, where each audio is triggered by a different pushbutton/switch?

If not, are there any similar circuit that can support more than one record?

The project to build must have nine different audio signals, driven by nine different switches.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

What about an MP3 player, or a dictating machine?

Klaus

Hello Klaus

Did you mean a regular mp4 player? How can I interfere it with a speaker and nine different switches where each plays a different audio?

Thanks

The datasheet for the Yamaha Av 80 Y IC says it produces high quality voice sounds but the detailed spec's show poor telephone quality.
It might be used in kid's toys and answering machines.

Hello

Can I connect the output of an MP3 device (used for earphones) to a "TELIN T8P - 40mA" speaker?

Or an electronic circuit interface must be held between the MP3 and the speaker?

Thanks in advance

If the speaker is very efficient then you'll hear audio at soft volume.
There are amplified speaker systems which you plug into an earphone jack. The speakers might be battery powered, or accept power through a usb cable.

An earphone is in your ear canal or on your ear then its level is fairly low but it will sound loud. If you connect a speaker to an earphones output and hold it to your ear then you will hear it but if it is away from your ear then it will sound faint and you might not hear it.

A speaker is not rated in mA, instead its impedance is rated (8 ohms is common for speakers and 32 ohms is common for headphones).

Status
Not open for further replies.