Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Changing package in proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljille

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I designed and simulated a circuit with proteus 8, I passed to Ares and the circuit looks good but I made a mistake: I used surface mounting resistors and I don't know how to handle this in the real circuit, so I have to change a lot of resistors from surface mounting to t. hole. When designing I copyed almost all resistors and then changed the value, so the package is almost the same for all. If there is a way to change the association between the model of resistor used and the package, I think it would make all the work for me instead of substitute each resistor manually, then when I rebuild the Ares circuit, it would consider the t. hole package for all.

Another solution would be, if possible, to know how to handle (without a robot, but at home) the surface mounting resistors to be welded to the circuit. (Once I tryed and this resistors stick in the fingers, in the solder pin, then burns, and is difficult to weld them. A friend has a heated air welder but I have not used it. Is there a way to fix the resistors in order they can be welded then?)

Thank you for your advice.
Luis Jiménez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back