Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LPDDR3 FPGA Prototyping.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

velu.plg

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1. I have MIG IP for LPDDR2 in Vivado 2014.4. But i need LPDDR3 IP to check to IO level requirements. Any optional ways is there to synthesize the LPDDR3 IP?
2. Currently we have use the windbond LPDDR2 version but i can't find windbond LPDDR3 version in their official website. Please list out the available LPDDR3 vendors.
3. We have use Virtex7v2000T-flg1925 FPGA device. Is any special care need to taken for FPGA prototyping of LPDDR3?

1. I have MIG IP for LPDDR2 in Vivado 2014.4. But i need LPDDR3 IP to check to IO level requirements. Any optional ways is there to synthesize the LPDDR3 IP?
You are out of luck for 7 series, you will have to use Ultrascale: You do realize there is a Vivado 2016.4 available and that they introduce new IP as the newer memroy devices come out.

2. Currently we have use the windbond LPDDR2 version but i can't find windbond LPDDR3 version in their official website. Please list out the available LPDDR3 vendors
Micron http://www.micron.com/products/dram/lpdram
Uh, "Please list out the available LPDDR3 vendors"...seems to suggest you are demanding an entire list of every available vendor of LP DDR3 devices. :shock:

velu.plg said:
3. We have use Virtex7v2000T-flg1925 FPGA device. Is any special care need to taken for FPGA prototyping of LPDDR3?
Yeah, you'll have to make your own LP DDR3 IP ;-)
Other than that you'll have to take care of all the normal stuff that you do for any high speed digital design, i.e. SI/PI analysis, proper termination, voltages, temperature, PCB stackup, grounding, bypass, etc, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.