Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does reflow profiles refer to air or pcb temperature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux-dude

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I've done quite a few boards in my reflow convection oven (with my own controller). Now I'm doing some more advanced boards with BGA's (0.8mm, 484 pads), and wonder about the reflow temperature profiles; do they refer to air temperature or to the actual PCB temperature?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi,

I've done quite a few boards in my reflow convection oven (with my own controller). Now I'm doing some more advanced boards with BGA's (0.8mm, 484 pads), and wonder about the reflow temperature profiles; do they refer to air temperature or to the actual PCB temperature?

Thanks,
Mike

Air temperature, and that is if you provided that you have some means of circulating the air, otherwise temperature gradients will develop.

Reactions: Ahou

Ahou

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Air temperature, and that is if you provided that you have some means of circulating the air, otherwise temperature gradients will develop.

Thanks, good to know I've done the right thing in the past as well.

You need to measure the temperature of the PCB as well that's where the correct temperatures are critical, each board will require its own profile... It is the board surface where the solder is, its here that you need to control the temperature!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back