Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900 as a TCP server

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshaybhavsar

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to use SIM 900 as TCP server.How can i get public IP address of my sim900 module
Regards,
akshay

An outgoing connection will show the IP address.

Most mobile internet providers don't give unique IP addresses to mobile hosts (due to lack of sufficient IPv4 addresses) and don't route ingoing connections. Extra price plans with public accessible IP might be available.

IPv6 will hopefully change things, but it's not yet supported by most mobile terminals as far as I'm aware of.

In my application SIM900 makes connection with server and listen to it and server has to put data on TCP.how can i do it?in HTTP we make request and gate data bt in this no request is made.i need to use SIM900 as TCP server only?

Make a TCP connection from SIM900 to server. It opens a bidirectional stream, you can send data through it in both directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back