Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY charger for Samsung YP-P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordz60

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello people,
I have this old Samsung YP-P2 mp3 player, but its original charger is long gone. I can make one at home, but a silly problem arose - I can't find the charger connector pinout for the life of me. Does anyone have it by any chance? Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• pic04.jpg
    pic04.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 92
  • so_04_yp-p2-main.jpg
    so_04_yp-p2-main.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IUAUMF_1_image.jpg
    IUAUMF_1_image.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 65

Can you get a look at the battery to see what type it is? Some types (eg., Li-ion) require caution in terms of charge rate and final voltage. It may be a wiser solution if you were to remove the battery, locate the + and - terminals, and charge it with measuring instruments attached.

I see four terminals on the Li-ion battery in my broken cell phone. It suggests there is more to giving it a proper charge, than just hooking up a power source to its + and - contacts. So don't take my recommendation as a final word.

I already removed the battery, that's why I'm trying to figure out where the positive and negative terminals are at the charger connector, not at the battery. That way I could reuse a phone charger, which is used to charge the same type 3.7V Li-ion batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back