Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to load a image in FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

emerson_11

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone explain me how to load a image in a FPGA and to display it ? I am using xilinx board.

Hi,

It's not clear what you are asking for...

Your question is as vague as this: "I want to eat a cake, I have a brand xxx stand mixer"

* interface to picture source (SDcard, USB stick, PC, still camera, video camera.....)
* memory: non volatile, RAM, FPGA inside, external...
* picture data format: raw, compressed, coloured, b/w, analog, stream...
* display interface: analog, digital, HDMI, raw, serial, parallel....
* periferals: RAM, DACs, interfaces...
..and many other details.

Please don't say you need everything and we should decide all the details for you.

Generally: Dont expect more detailed answers than your question..

Klaus

if you are not interested with this post then just ignore my post and never showoff your intelligence to anyone. There are lots of good people to help me with this.

- - - Updated - - -

i want to load a picture and display it in a monitor using FPGA device. is it possible to do this by collecting pixel values using matlab (.coe file) and storing it in a RAM and displaying it?

Hi,

if you are not interested with this post then just ignore my post and never showoff your intelligence to anyone. There are lots of good people to help me with this.
I think this was for me...

I don´t know why you are upset now.

I just did a part of your job and divided the whole task into smaller ones. So you may choose for which one you need assistance.
Sooner or later you will have to decide about each of the 5 points I mentioned. Is there a way round this?

Anyway, I didn´t want to provoke you.. therefore I give other good people the advance to assit you...

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back