Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

quadcopter not working ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you buy the correct battery at a Great Hobbies store or order one online and have it shipped to you?

Hi, Thanks for your reply...was not able to get spare battery...though tried with some other battery with 2 wires ..to test it...when the battery is connected with wire to the 3 pin battery port ...positive and negative...the motor spins...but the led lights does not glow ? the motor spin direclty without pressing the x4 button ...

the 3 pin board on the pcb for battery...all the 3 wire should be connected to the battery ? 2 for positive , 1 for negative or other right swipe combination can works with it... for led light...

Can you please assist with it here....

Thanks!

You need to make sure ample current is flowing, with no breaks or voltage droops.
Perhaps battery contact is intermittent? This is usually solved by careful cleaning of contacts, examining for corrosion, etc...

Or a startup routine executes, then fails immediately in the time it takes the led to flash. This is not easy to diagnose or solve.

the motor spin direclty without pressing the x4 button

This sounds as though you have a short circuit through the control IC. It enables power to the motors without proper control.

There may not be anything you can do to fix it. The only diagnostic I can think to try in such situations, is to measure resistance between various pins of the IC. A bad IC often reads low ohms across every pair of pins.

Avoid using Rx1 or Rx10 range because that is liable to send substantial current through your device. Use Rx1000 or greater.

Hi, just came across a very small silver color coil type part which is not attached to the pcb or has been broken in the quad, not able to find out it's coil or antenna , and where to place it ?
2017-04- 11.51.58.jpg

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm afraid I can't see it well, it looks like a nail with a tinned thread at one end; all I can think of is that if it's a part that has broken off the PCB or any related bits of the 'copter, you might be able to see a solder point that looks damaged or has nothing connected to it.

uploaded new pic...the first one just frame only there is small part ? my quad..

also came across some reference image from other model...on the right side..is it the same ?

i's from the x4 module....not the camera module ?

Any info ?

Thanks !

Hi,

I'm afraid I can't see it well, it looks like a nail with a tinned thread at one end; all I can think of is that if it's a part that has broken off the PCB or any related bits of the 'copter, you might be able to see a solder point that looks damaged or has nothing connected to it.

2017-04-17 11.10.58.jpgreference pic.jpg

Hi,

You really need to contact the manufacturer to ask these questions. The reference image from other model doesn't look exactly the same, that means nothing, 'though. Looking at the second photo, there is at bottom-left E1, "E" can mean miscellaneous electrical part, but I doubt it is that if the photo is of a correct PCB. Again, if you can't see any obvious solder breaks that piece looks like it came from, you should try to contact the manufacturer - they know their design and where the components go, I'm sorry, but I do not. Good luck.

fine...thanks for your help...!

Hi,

You really need to contact the manufacturer to ask these questions. The reference image from other model doesn't look exactly the same, that means nothing, 'though. Looking at the second photo, there is at bottom-left E1, "E" can mean miscellaneous electrical part, but I doubt it is that if the photo is of a correct PCB. Again, if you can't see any obvious solder breaks that piece looks like it came from, you should try to contact the manufacturer - they know their design and where the components go, I'm sorry, but I do not. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.