Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Energy Harvesting IC - Example of applications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmeiras

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

We are developing simple university project and we would be happy to receive any ideas and contributions.
We have an energy harvesting integrated circuit (similar do RFID) in order to supply energy (up to mA) to any other integrated circuit.
The idea of our project is only to demonstrate the RF energy transfer between our chip (energy harvesting IC) and other electronic device

What type of electronic devices or ICs would be interesting to used as a LOAD in this experiment (consumption up to mA)?

Thank you vey much. Best regards,

Remote wireless indicators come to mind. My ceiling fan has 3 speeds. I cannot tell which speed it is set on just by looking. And I don't want to pull the chain repeatedly to cycle through all the speeds. I like the idea of putting a homemade indicator on the fan so I can look up and see 1 or 2 or 3 led's lit up. (Easy to make with a photosensor and some kind of counter.) Unless I were to run wires across the ceiling, the instrument would need to operate on very low power. I was not successful in my experiments to generate sufficient electricity with magnets mounted on the moving fan blades, moving past a coil of wire. So there's a prospective idea for energy harvesting.

I put a pan on the stove, then turn away and do something else. I risk letting it burn. I could use an audible reminder every 1/2 minute saying 'Stove's on'. The easiest detector would be a photosensor near the red 'On' light. And I'd like automatic operation. This is a project with some challenges. It only needs power when the stove is on. Anyway it might be a useful way to demonstrate your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.