Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is esp8266? what is main function of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vraj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have nodemcu esp8266 wifi with internally connected microcontroller.
i want to know basic details of esp8266;
i know arduino well, but i have nodemcu and i cant find some videos of it (how to run it). most of people are using esp module without attached microcontroller with it !
horrible thing is i cant upload any blynk program on it and while selecting board as wemos, only some pins give response!
i also cant command it :(
please help me
i cant understand is there my low knowledge problem or nodemcu is not working properly?
i also hardly upgraded it, but dont know the upgrading process is really done or not because i cant use command
i have tried to command with arduino software

There are a lot of variants of boards based on the 'esp8266', so you should specify which one exactly you are using. Anyway, it is not stricly necessary to have another uC if the purpose is to read and control few I/Os, digital and analog. Its main goal is the ability to deal with the built-in Wifi through AT commands if used as device module, but you can 'program' it with the LUA syntax. There are many tutorials on the Web covering the step by step for starting on that. Did you followed one of them ?

Reactions: Vraj

Vraj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yes i have seen so many tutorials but i cant got successes :sad: i have spend lot of time. the main problem is , all ppl using different module:cry:
there is also doubt that my board is not working correctly because simple blinking program didn't works. there is also some chances that my board is not upgraded with letest version but what i think, simple blink program should at least work
my purpose is simple ( control io pins)

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20170114_003629.jpgIMG_20170114_003641 (1).jpg

you can use your nodemcu card with the arduino ide.
simply download the last version of the arduino ide and select nodemcu board in the boards menu.
then it will program it exactly like an arduino, but with wifi.
there are exemples in the arduino ide example folder.

Vraj

i have also tried that

this arduino ide thing works very well. may be as you say your board is not working properly ?
first thing I see is to try another board to isolate the problem.
when I buy a small board like that, I always buy 2 or more, to test if I have problems with the first one.

Vraj

Based on the first post of this thread, I had a slight impression that the first contacts with the board followed a chaotic handling and you adopted several approaches; or at least it was not clear which step-by-step was chosen to pinpoint what is happening at which stage of a specific procedure. Better to return to the beginning, choose one of the several well-documented tutorials available on the Web, and just then, along with the link, inform at which stage you got problem.

Vraj

what it the chip on the board for serial communication ? a chg340 ? did you install the driver for it and choose the right com port ?
it seems you don't have any communication between your computer and the board.

Vraj

i want to upgrade firmware , make me suggestion

Along with Kripton2035 tip, my first suggestion is to change the baud rate exactly as is shown in the above tutorial: You are using 115200bps whereas in the video it is being used 9600. My second suggestion is that you use one of the magic words "could you please...", "kindly", etc...

this china product is horrible

Not everyone thinks this way. The fact that you have not been successful even in the first step is not a reasonable evaluation criterion.

Vraj

yes! you are right! it is having ch340g chip.
my com port is also correct, baud rate is also correct, driver is also updated ,still not working:thinker:

- - - Updated - - -

i found that it is looks so similar with wemos D1 and i also found printed D1 on board, https://www.google.co.in/search?q=wemos+d1+f&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjuPr1iMfRAhUJOY8KHQ_nAEgQ_AUICSgC&biw=1366&bih=638#tbm=isch&q=wemos+d1+mini
only 1-2 pins working correctly , while another are always in on position! kindly check this .

- - - Updated - - -

does it require any external power source?

yes! you are right! it is having ch340g chip.
my com port is also correct, baud rate is also correct, driver is also updated ,still not working:thinker:

- - - Updated - - -

i found that it is looks so similar with wemos D1 and i also found printed D1 on board, https://www.google.co.in/search?q=wemos+d1+f&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjuPr1iMfRAhUJOY8KHQ_nAEgQ_AUICSgC&biw=1366&bih=638#tbm=isch&q=wemos+d1+mini
only 1-2 pins working correctly , while another are always in on position! kindly check this .

- - - Updated - - -

does it require any external power source?

That Wemos D1 looks a lot like the board you have, I'd say yours is a copycat clone of the board (probably not legally).
If that is the case then based on this picture (which is in the above link), pin-8 should have 3.3V on it. So unless you've got this mounted on something else (that you've never show) when testing this. I'm pretty sure it won't work on just the 5V USB supply.

You might want to read over the thread where that picture is located. Based on the thread information, you most certainly have one of these "fake" Wemos D1's they are talking about having problems with.

Vraj

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
thanks guys for your support
i dont think that i will receive refund
should i remove the esp module?
can i programme it without removing the ch340g board, with another arduino?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back