Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect HM10 BLE module to Windows 10 PC and show it as virtual COM port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaadSid

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have some code written in Java which acquires data from the COM port of a PC. I have a HM10 BLE module that has to be connected with my Windows 10 PC. But every time I connect the BLE module, I have to do pairing and other manual steps to show the BLE Module as a COM port. Additionally, the COM port number increases every time I connect.

Can anyone recommend some driver that will automatically connect the BLE module to a COM port every time I connect it, or some other alternative to solve this problem?

How do you connect the HM10 BLE module pins to PC serial port ?
Any other interface included ?
Show your test setup.

What operations you do in pairing and other manual setups?

Hi,

Additionally, the COM port number increases every time I connect.

This usually is the case when
* the device is connected
* Java opens the port
* the device disconnects
* Java doesn´t release (disconnect), so the port number is still occupied
* the device connects again.

--> If the device disconnects, then Java should immediately release the port (number) for the device to be able to reconnect to the same port (number)

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back