Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to extract power profile in Design compiler and SoC encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarrin

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I need to feed a sample circuit with a number of random inputs (say for example 1000 input patterns) and then obtain a power trace (power consumed by the circuit during applying the input patterns). As the test circuit may not be small or the number of input patterns may be high, i don't want to use Hspice as it may take a long time. So I want to use Synopsys design compiler or SoC encounter tools to do this. I think such work is possible in both tools but i don't know how to do it. Please some help me. Thanks.

do a simulation of the circuit using the inputs you want. then use encounter to do a power estimation. typically you would use a vcd file for this purpose.

do a simulation of the circuit using the inputs you want. then use encounter to do a power estimation. typically you would use a vcd file for this purpose.

Thanks for your reply. I check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back