Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference between output conductance and output admittance

Status
Not open for further replies.

julian403

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
NXP.PNG

What the difference between output conductance and output admittance?

Looking the equivalent model

Captura.PNG

I think rd is output admittance, so where is the output conductance?

I think rd is output admittance, so where is the output conductance?
rd is a resistor. Impossible to be admittance since admittance is measured in siemens.

Output admittance=Output conductance (just in this case) in your circuit is 1/(rd//RD)

The admittance is the reciprocal of the conductance.
I think is the reciprocal of impedance.

Let see. Conductance is admittance's real part. So I think there is the difference but the admittance (which in the parametter's table is the module) must be bigger than conductance and I do not know why it's not.
In the ac model which one I must use as rd?

So I think there is the difference but the admittance (which in the parameter's table is the module) must be bigger than conductance and I do not know why it's not.
Did you notice the different measurement frequencies? Both specifications can't be compared at all.

In the ac model which one I must use as rd?
The simple model doesn't help because it ignores any reactant circuit elements.

Did you notice the different measurement frequencies? Both specifications can't be compared at all.
You are right!

The simple model doesn't help because it ignores any reactant circuit elements.
Yes, it's just a simple model which I found in internet. I'm using all capacitance in it. The input capacitance which it's between gate and source, outpu capacitance which it's between drain and source and the reverse transfer capacitance which it's between gate and drain.

A realistic RF model will probably have bulk resistance elements in series with Cds and Cdg, resulting in an increasing real admittance component with rising frequency.

The input capacitance which it's between gate and source, outpu capacitance which it's between drain and source and the reverse transfer capacitance which it's between gate and drain.
Input capacitance is not Cgs, output capacitance is not Cds. Ciss = Cgs+Cgd, Coss=Cds+Cgd

Oh thank! I forgot that, but I can find it with

Cgd=Crrs where Crrs is the reverse transffer capacitance

Cds= Cos - Crrs , where Cos is the output capacitance

Cgs = Ciss - Crrs , where Ciss is the input capacitance.

Status
Not open for further replies.